One of my blog readers named Jessica arrived at post this week. We’re hoping to meet up for the first time in person once she and her family get settled in. In the meantime, she posted a few of her initial reactions to Manila that I thought you’d enjoy. I had forgotten the things that I once found crazy but now fail to even notice. Here are her insights from her BLOG:
Things I need to get used to…
- Sweating constantly whenever I am outside.
- Marching bands roaming around the mall, complete with costumed dancers. Yes, bands–plural.
- Grocery stores in malls.
- Fearing for my life whenever I get into a car. There are lanes, street lights, and traffic cops–do people do as they are directed? NO.
- Paying $8 for one frozen pizza, but $3 for two weeks worth of fresh chicken.
- Eating a whole pineapple every day. YUM!!
- Lizards. (Hey, they eat spiders, so they are friends in my book!)
- Having a grocery bill that comes to $11,230. Doesn’t that sound like a lot of money??
- Having people hide behind bushes as they take pictures of my curly-headed daughter. (Really, I don’t mind the pictures. I’ve been warned, and I expect it now. But the hiding in the bushes part is creepy.)
A BIG,WARM welcome to you and your family Jessica! We’re excited to have fun new people coming to post!