Here are the facts:
- Nia and I only have 5 more months left in Malawi. Nick has closer to 6 months.
- We have to sell a crap-ton of stuff because we’re moving from a house with a big yard to a teensy apartment/condo.
- Pack-out will be new and different. The majority of household items will go directly from Malawi to India along with a partial airfreight shipment. A second packout will happen in MN or OR that will include the remainder of our airfreight, new household goods purchased and our entire consumables shipment.
- Nia and Nick will be back in the States for the first time since summer of 2016. Thankfully, we should have a good 2 months or so to re-acclimate before diving into our new culture.
- We will arrive in Mumbai in late August, once Nick completes training. Nia will be starting school a few weeks late.
- We will live in India until summer 2021, the longest we’ve ever lived in an international city.
- Despite the fact that we’re moving from a city of 1 million to a city of 21 million, I do anticipate that it will be a smooth transition.
- We are going to miss Lilongwe sooooooo much. I can’t even think about how painful it’s going to be to say goodbye to our wonderful staff and those sweet, sweet girls. :(
Curious about our new home? Check out this great 4 minute overview:
PS – There is a direct flight from Newark to Mumbai and lots of travel deals since it’s such a big hub. We expect lots and lots of you to visit and experience the chaos first-hand!