As I wrote yesterday, we have a household helper starting on Monday, August 3rd. Her name is Norma and she’s a Filipino in her mid-30’s. She was the first person we interviewed, but she seemed like such a perfect fit that we didn’t look any farther. We are going to do a 60 day trial period, but I am fairly confident that it’ll last past then. Here are a few of the many reasons why we selected her:
- She cooks Asian and Western cuisine and follows recipes very well.
- She speaks great English, which should help minimize misunderstandings.
- She got rave reviews from the last couple that she was with for 2 years.
- She prefers to wear a uniform, which I think is fun and classy.
- She was very polite and takes pride in her work.
- She prefers to live-out.
- She is willing to be an all-around helper, doing more than just clean.
Here are the tasks she will manage in our household (for those of you creating a contract as well, be sure and list things out specifically – this is our list):
- Wash, Fold, Iron and put away Laundry
- Wash and put away dishes
- Take out the garbage
- Clean the bathrooms/showers
- Sweep and Vacuum and Mop the floors
- Dust and Polish the furniture and windows
- Run errands as needed
- Pay bills as needed
- Shop for groceries
- Cook lunch and dinner using a recipe
- Make the beds
- Assist with visitors/prepare for their arrival
- Assist with parties as needed
- Be available to take deliveries
We feel so fortunate to have found Norma and can’t wait to get to know her better! Stay tuned for more updates along the way…