Wow! We are officially less than 2 weeks out from Wheels Up. It’s hard to believe. I want to thank you all for being such diligent followers of the blog – it topped 150 readers one day last week. We really appreciate your support and the fact that you’re keeping tabs on us!
We spent the weekend in Philly (more details to come tomorrow) and came home to 4 packages waiting for us. Just to give a sampling of the random things that we’re purchasing right now, here’s a photo of what arrived on Saturday. From left to right, we have:
- Ooma, a fabulous VOIP system that doesn’t have any monthly charges (YAY! – I”ll definitely do a whole post on Ooma, but I want to spend some time trying it out first. I am certain it’s going to be delightful though; the reviews were sensational).
- A D-link Wireless Router for the computers and VOIP system
- Transformers – We got 6 of them to start. The littlest ones are for alarm clocks and very low-voltage items. The biggest one (which is still in the box and not pictured) was 3000 watts and close to $100. It’s HUGE. Since it won’t be easy to move that one around, we’ll probably need it in the kitchen, which means my 1875 watt blow dryer needs to go unless I want to do my hair in the kitchen every day!
- The four items in the rear right corner of the photo are dual-voltage power strips. They are highly functional – protecting from power surges, able to use both 110 and 220 voltage, and equipped with plug adapters for no matter where we end up in the world. (Can you see now why this stuff is taking so much time to purchase?? – every decision requires extensive research)
- Finally, in the front right corner are some basic plug adapters.
- Not pictured: My new business cards and a beautiful office chair for me!
Just in case you’re in need of some items like these – Ooma and the router are easily purchased on Amazon. The remainder of the items came from Overseas Best Buy, Inc. Now I’m off to put the finishing touches on my will and then Nick and I are separating out what we’re hand-carrying, putting in the air shipment and sending via boat… what a weird time period right now! Just think, in 13 days, I’ll have a whole new set of to-do’s facing me in Manila!